Valentine week is like a nightmare for many singles, who are turning to online dating sites for finding love. Dating sites are rising rapidly due to the sudden high demand this week. Websites like dating.com & okcupid.com have reported a 50% rise in registrations.
Effect of valentines week on online dating platforms
- Rise in registrations & server load – Many platforms have seen a sudden rise in traffic which has caused problems for some and become the cause of celebration for others. Well equipped sites were able to handle the sudden peak in traffic and profited from it, but others were already running low on resources and this sudden peak caused them to crash.
- Niche/Localized Dating site’s popularized – People are looking for finding love near their locality & this has brought localized dating site’s into the picture. One such website NigerianDatingHub.com which caters to people in Nigeria reported a massive increase in registrations during valentine’s week.
- Return visitors – This peak in registrations and traffic will surely end after valentine’s week but it will leave the dating website’s with a lot of new users and return visitors.
How has this affected the regular users of matchmaking sites?
The regular users of online dating platforms have suffered a lot due to this surge in traffic and the incoming new registrations. Some websites have slowed down and crashed due to this surge which has also left old users in a bad position. People are also complaining there has been an increased amount of people in chat rooms which have made it difficult for them to stand out or reach to the one’s they like. Most of these platforms have a competitive atmosphere in which people compete to get the favor of the ones they like. As per reports, this competition has only increased has made it difficult for all users.
Other effects of Valentines week
Valentines week affects business in a lot of other ways, some of them are as follows-
- Major increase in Shopping trends – People are trying to impress their loved one’s and they buy cards, gifts & clothes for the same. Due to this buying trend e-commerce platforms are also profiting.
- Tourism & travel is at its peak – People love going on a trip with their loved ones on valentines week, this is not only a great way to express love but is also an exciting thing to do. Due to this trend, cities like France get a lot of travelers this week.