There are more than 180 currencies in the world today. Of these, there are only few currencies which are actually popular. Some of these are even considered to be world currencies. While I could go on bragging about my knowledge about world currencies, I would rather share with you some interesting facts about some of the major currencies in the world. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get started.
Interesting facts about world currencies
- Have you seen a New Zealand $5 note? If you ever get the chance to see one, take a closer look. This note features Sir Edmund Hillary, the first man to climb Mount Everest.
- The Romanian 10 bani is the smallest currency note in the world. While it has not yet been clear as to why it was printed so small, it has gained the attention of the world because of its small size (27.5mm by 38mm).
- The Euro is the second most used currency in the world. It is the official currency in 19 European countries.
- The British Pound is known to be the oldest currency in the world. It is more than 1300 years old now.
- The Kuwaiti Dinar is officially the highest currency in the world today. The current exchange rate is approximately 1 Kuwaiti Dinar to 3.29 USD.
- The Iranian Rial is the least valued currency in the world today. The current exchange rate is approximately 1 Iranian Rial to $0.000023 USD.
- The US Dollar is the strongest and the most widely used currency in the world.
- The first banknotes in the world had its origin in China. They were known as “Flying notes”.
- According to reports from top economists in the world, only 8 per cent of the world’s currency is actually physical money. The majority of money exists in online bank accounts.
These were some of the most interesting facts about currencies all over the world. The currency of every nation has some facts and stories. There are facts about the smallest currency in the world. There are facts about the highest currency in the world. There are facts about cryptocurrency. You can get access to all these on the internet. Actually, you do not have to search all over the internet for such facts. You might just find it on this website. All you have to do is bookmark this site and keep visiting from time to time.
I really hope you found this post useful and informative. Do you have any queries or suggestions related to this post? If you have any, feel free to leave your thoughts and opinions in the comment section below. I will try and answer all your questions and take your feedback into consideration. Also, let me know if you want to find out more about world currencies. I will be glad to share more insights with you.
To show your support, share this post with your friends on social media and elsewhere. Thank you very much for reading!