The planet we live in is considered to be the only planet in the universe to have life existing on it. Despite being immense in terms of area, diversities, communities and differences, it is called a global village. A village is comparatively smaller than that of cities and towns. What possibly could be the reason behind this nomenclature of the Earth? Did this thought ever pester you? Did it ever occur to you why we call it a global village despite its being so big and bulky? What forced us to coin the term “GLOBAL VILLAGE”? The name is not given to it as a tribute for the burden that it carries, neither for tolerating the humans. It is because of the inhabitants who relentlessly worked on bringing us closer to each other through various platforms deliberately created to make us all fall in the same circle. Social media plays a vital role in connecting people from every corner of the world.
In this article, we are going to reveal some of the top social media apps that connect a large number of people coming from different cultures, following different traditions and speaking different languages. These applications are not designed for differentiating people. On the contrary, these apps work towards connecting people and bringing them together irrespective of their caste, colour, region, religion and sex. Here are some of the social media apps I am talking about:
1. FACEBOOK: It is an online social media app developed in the United States of America by Mark Zuckerberg in the year 2004. 22% of people of the world population use Facebook which is more than any other social media platform.
2. INSTAGRAM: It is a photo and video sharing social media application that connects a vast majority of people. This application came to the people in the year 2010. Perfectly crafted and deliberately planned by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, this social media platform passed through a series of improvements since its launch. The total number of users on this platform is estimated to be around one billion.
3. TWITTER: This is a news and social networking service developed in the United States by Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stones and Evan Williams in 2006, mostly used by celebrities and politician. The number of active users of Twitter is around 335 million.
4. TIKTOK: This is one of the best platforms for young artists to show their talent to the world. There has never been such a time in the history of the world where you could show your talent to the world with a device that fits in the palm of your hand. TikTok has been one of the highest downloaded apps in the US in the year 2018. Because of its worldwide reach and growing popularity, it has become a really competitive space. Getting recognition on TikTok is not as easy as it used to be.
However, there are websites like tiktokonfire.com which help you get some initial exposure on the platform. Tiktokonfire.com is a social media service provider that offers TikTok followers at a reasonable price. Do check this out if you are looking for a shortcut to fame on TikTok.
5. YOUTUBE: It is a video sharing social networking website created by three ex-employees of PayPal named Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim in 2006. The best part of this website is that it has tons of videos added on a daily basis. It is informative, educative and entertaining at the same time. The total numbers of users are approximately around 1.9 billion.
6. PINTEREST: Pinterest is a social media web and mobile application founded by Paul Sciarra, Evan Sharp and Ben Silbermann, widely used for GIFs and videos. It has an estimated number of around 250 million active users.
I hope you found this post useful and informative. Please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.